Agri Thamani Foundation
Our vision is to become a pioneer in adding value to fight against malnutrition in Tanzania.
Agri Thamani Foundation is a national non-profit organization registered in 2019 under the NGOs Act No. 24 of 2004 as amended in 2005 and 2019 with its Head Office in Bukoba, Kagera, Tanzania. Agri Thamani’s Vision is to become a pioneer in adding value to fight against malnutrition in Tanzania whilst its Mission is to use innovative sustainable value adding interventions and approaches to improve nutrition status of children, adolescents, women, the elderly, men and people living with HIV in Tanzania.
Agri Thamani is focused on achieving its vision and mission byproviding nutrition education and training; nutrition communication and promoting social behaviour change; nutrition-sensitive agriculture for improved nutrition outcome, conducting research and studies on nutrition and agriculture to inform value additions, facilitating co-operation and networking among like-minded individuals and organisations, policy and advocacy engagements and, empowering youth and women leaders, political Leaders, Religious Leaders and Media to drive nutrition agenda.
The major objectives for Agri Thamani’s establishment include;
- Advocate for food/ nutrition security through policies and key stakeholders’ groups,
- Create sustainable development programs in the community such as vegetable gardens, nutritious cooking, value chain agribusiness and food processing industry,
- Advocating for increased prioritization of nutrition at community to national level development plans as well as monitor/ evaluate their implementation,
- Promote environmental conservation and,
- Promote women participation in leadership and decision-making position.
Based on the above, Agri Thamani has mapped out 6 strategic objectives to be implemented in the next 5 years which make up its Strategic Plan. These are:
- Religious Leaders on inclusion of nutrition in their Community Services capacitated
- Inclusion and implementation of nutrition commitments in Election Manifestos promoted
- Public nutrition knowledge through media, arts and culture and Uhuru Torch strengthened
- Advocate for public nutrition investment and governance increased
- Food safety along the food systems in rural and urban settings strengthened
- Nutrition at household and school levels improved